Everstead is a fast-growing engineering and design firm that provides a wide variety of services for the residential industry including new construction, structural troubleshooting of existing homes, and custom home plans. Everstead has continued to experience high growth because of our excellent service and innovative problem-solving that help our clients be more successful on their projects.
Why Work at Everstead
Everstead is proud to be one of Kansas City’s Fastest Growing Businesses and strives to provide a collaborative and fun work environment. We take our work seriously but are looking for any reason to have a good time together. While we believe in fostering great relationships with your teammates, we encourage our employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance with generous flex PTO.
Our company environment promotes both independent work and team cooperation. Our entire team is involved with projects, business strategies, client management, and ways to improve internal systems. Everyone on our team fully participates in our growth and knows that they are directly influencing the success of our company.
– 50% Paid Employee Health Insurance
– 4% Company Match on Retirement Plan
– Flex PTO
– 7 Paid Holidays
– Gym Membership
– Office Snacks and Drinks
– Family Events/Get Togethers
Professional Engineer – Lee’s Summit, MO
Everstead is looking for a highly motivated PE with excellent communication and people skills to help grow our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter that loves problem-solving and sees challenges as opportunities. We embrace technology and are looking for someone who can easily learn and navigate modern software platforms.
- Develop engineered calculations and plans in Revit and AutoCAD for new homes, remodels, and other projects related to the residential industry.
- Take ownership of projects from feasibility inspections to completion of plans.
- On-site troubleshooting to provide contractors and homebuilders quick engineered solutions to framing and construction problems.
- Coordinate with our in-house design team, homeowners, builders, and realtors to provide an integrated engineered solution.
- Work independently on small projects with quick turnaround times (typically 1 – 2 weeks).
- Perform structural inspections and evaluations of residential structures to assess feasibility of remodels and recommended improvements where needed.
- Manage your own schedule and uphold a consistent level of product quality.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) or Licensed Structural Engineer (SE) with 7-10 years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural engineering.
- Comfortable using engineering judgement based on experience and established code.
- Experience explaining complex concepts to clients of all experience levels.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Structural engineering experience (10-15 years)
- Proficient in AutoCAD and/or Revit
Architectural Designer – Lee’s Summit, MO
We are seeking an Architectural Designer with a passion or experience in residential home design and light commercial. This position will join our Architectural Designer and work together to grow the design department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Evaluate potential clients and conduct lead follow-up processes such as phone calls and portfolio presentations to drive client acquisition.
- Work with the existing department member to set department goals and estimate work hours.
- Communicate and collaborate with engineers and office admin.
- Work with clients to understand their needs and limitations and translate their vision into stamped, complete plans.
- For remodel or addition projects, document existing structure as needed by reviewing as-built documentation and taking field measurements.
- Ensure projects stay on schedule, within internal budgets, and meet client expectations.
- See projects from start to completion in a largely independent studio environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture.
- 1-4 years of architectural experience, with an interest or background in single-family new construction, multi-family new construction, large-scale additions, and remodels.
- Proficient with Revit and AutoCAD, Microsoft Suite, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience with Trello or other Kanban task management tools is preferred.
- Able to drive within the Kansas City metro area to client homes (vehicle provided).
- Growth-minded and excited to help drive the success of a busy Design team.
- Please include a link to your portfolio in your resume.